Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Welcome!

Hi guys,

First of all I'd like to welcome you to my blog.
I've been playing poker for a year now and thought it would be nice to share my story with you.
IMy first poker impresion came from the movie Rounders, but I didn't get the hang of it at that time. Several years later, I saw some movies on youtube about poker and was really interested, so I start learning the game. The basic were pretty simple and I thought it was easy to play poker, the No Limit Hold-em version. Man, was I wrong at that point!!! The basics are not too hard to learn, but playing the game properly is one hell of a thing to do! But i thought reading books and articles and participating in forums wasn't necessary and I could play my own game and win. None of this was true, I lost a sh*tload of money while playing, so I'd had to improve my game.
So i start off reading books, articles, watching video's, etc, etc and almost immediately i noticed I waas the biggest fish in poker history. I adapt my game, and by putting the tactics i've learned to the test in the online and live pokerrooms, i'd start winning a pot here and there just by "playing by the book."
For example, I didn't put all my chips in the middle with bottom pair with ace kicker ;) as soon as I learned a bit how to play, poker became more and more interesting for me.
I made some deposits here and there, lost all of it, and I said to myself that there must be a change in my style to keep winning. Now, a year further, I'm still not the best poker player in the world, but I know how to handle mostly. I stopped depositing more money at the online pokerrooms and searched for bonusses, sites who offer some bonus moeny you can play with to learn poker, like pokerroomschool or pokerstrategy.
With bonusses like that, I started a new poker life from scratch with just a $50,- bonus as of march 27 2008. I've said to myself that this is going to be it, I'll create a poker life for me and grow my bankroll to more than 10,000 dollars. I don't have a time limit, but if i go broke, I'll stop playing poker for the rest of my life (maybe not, but now I think so ;))

I'll keep you guys updated!

Regards

No comments: